Employee Relations—We believe our employees are our greatest asset and reflect that philosophy in our policies and programs. It is our goal to create an environment where our employees
- Can work safely
- Have opportunities for continued personal and professional growth
- Are rewarded for solid performance and contributions that make our company a success
- Allow their creativity and innovation to flourish
Fair Labor Practices—Miniat respects its employees and is dedicated to providing a working environment where employment opportunities are based on personal capabilities and qualifications without discrimination. We offer competitive wages and compensation packages that reward excellent performance, provide recognition for individual contributions, and motivate our employees to help achieve our objectives in a way that is profitable for our company and customers alike.
Miniat believes that “fair labor practices” go beyond those called for by statute. It is a philosophy which recognizes that the skills and knowledge of our employees are the cornerstone to our success. As such, we strive to create an atmosphere that promotes employee growth and provides fair recognition and opportunity for all, thus fostering a mutually rewarding employee/employer relationship.
Animal Handling—Ed Miniat, Inc. believes treating animals humanely and with care is a key part of our quality assurance efforts. Our goal is to only deal with suppliers who provide an environment that is free from cruelty, abuse, and neglect.
- We partner with our suppliers and industry experts to implement humane procedures/guidelines and to monitor our suppliers to determine whether the adopted guidelines are being met.
- Ed Miniat, Inc. recognizes that maintaining high standards of animal welfare is an ongoing process. Training and education have and will continue to play a key role in our efforts. We will continue to work with experts to ensure that our quality assurance employees and suppliers have the training and knowledge necessary to further the humane treatment of animals.
- We will communicate our best practices to counterparts within the industry and work with industry associations such as the American Meat Institute and the USDA to implement continuous improvement of industry standards and operations.