As producers of safe, quality foods, customers trust Miniat to enhance their own food safety standards by supplying pre-cooked proteins to their restaurants and food assemblers. We value our customers’ trust and meet their demand to deliver safe products to their customers, so sanitation practices have always been the top priority to Miniat.
Our existing seven-step equipment sanitation process follows the rigorous standards and highest requirements in the food industry. For eight hours each night, every piece of our facility is scrubbed and sanitized. This is a demanding process, requiring a large team to cover the massive scale of our manufacturing facility as well as the detailed cleaning of each individual part within the equipment, which can include nearly 1,000 pieces per machine.
Following lean manufacturing principles, we continually evaluate all aspects of our safety procedures and have measures in place to allow for adaptations to our procedures.
Miniat’s COVID Response
Having these standardized procedures in place allowed the Miniat team to respond quickly to the COVID-19 Pandemic with enhanced precautions as the CDC (Centers for Disease Control) and WHO (World Health Organization) made new recommendations. Miniat implemented a number of responsive and precautionary measures to protect our employees, our products, and our facilities.
We continue to measure and adjust the process as additional recommendations are made by the government and industry experts.
We’ve implemented an interim policy until further notice to safeguard our people, products, and facilities with an emphasis on methods to identify issues, lessen contact, and practice social distancing.
- Reducing facility access to only essential workers, with all non-manufacturing critical workers operating remotely.
- Requiring and providing masks for all employees who are onsite.
- Requiring wellness and temperature checks prior to entering the facility.
- Social distancing measures and shift rotation practices implemented to lessen contact between employees.
- Visitor access to the building only allowed for activities that are critical to our ongoing manufacturing operations. Approved visitors will be asked to follow the same wellness and temperature checks as our employees and will be required to wear a mask.
- Along with our standard processes, increased sanitation measures have been implemented throughout the facility with a focus on frequently touched surfaces and personal sanitization.
- Travel is canceled for all non-essential activities.
- Employees who travel for personal reasons will be required to report travel and potentially self-quarantine for 14 days upon return.
We’ve implemented these practices to ensure that we are doing our part to stop the spread of Covid-19. We have incorporated these changes into the common locker, lunchroom, and break room areas, conference rooms, and office space, as well as throughout the production facility.
We’re all in this together
As colleagues and partners, we are all in this together and ask for your patience and diligence as we navigate this new environment. We will continue to monitor the situation, which seemingly evolves daily, and will modify and communicate changes to policies or procedures as they occur.
Thank you for your commitment to each other and to Miniat. We will get through this together.